Thursday, August 4, 2016

BACK TO CHRISTMAS TOWN WITH A HEARTWARMING HOLIDAY with coupon!

It's never too early for Christmas, right? And here's a wonderful collection that will fill you with the wonderful feelings of the season. And included in A HEARTWARMING HOLIDAY is an exclusive coupon worth $1.00 off any Heartwarming title from Harlequin.com.  Who doesn't love heartwarming romances?

By Roz Denny Fox 
Since I’ve always enjoyed the process of writing a story with characters and setting connected to works written by other authors, I was delighted to take part in this great opportunity. It has offered me a chance to dip into independent publishing with writers I already read and respect.  



And who doesn’t love to read and write winter holiday stories? 

The fact that Christmas Town, Maine was already a successful fictional town made setting my story there infinitely easier for someone brand new to writing a novella as part of a tried and true boxed set. 

But because I’ve only visited Maine once several years ago and in the fall, not winter, coming up with an end-of-year holiday story set there demanded my next favorite part of being a writer—research. I immediately bought a tour guide and several local-lore books written by Maine writers. I read until I was able to feel what Christmas in a small Maine town that I was about to plunge a set of fictional characters into might be like. It was fun and a bit challenging, because you want readers to connect, too. 

Having read books by almost all of the writers involved in this project, I had my moments of panic. Could I fit in and not let them down?  

I know I’m going to be a reader excited to order my copy of the entire set. I love that there will be a wide range of love stories. Some of our characters will know one another. Others won’t. Some will already have deep roots in the fictional community, while a few will be new to town. 

As someone who grew up in a small Oregon town, I can say with certainty that old-timers welcome new families with open arms. I hope readers feel that way about all of our stories. 
*** 
This holiday season, warm your heart with 15 connected sweet, clean & wholesome holiday romances set in Christmas Town from 15 Harlequin Heartwarming authors who are USA Today, national bestselling, and award-winning authors.  

There are five connected books in A Heartwarming Holiday. That means each set of three novellas shares characters and storylines! This collection of PG-rated holiday romances are all set in Christmas Town, Maine, a location introduced in the 2014 Harlequin Heartwarming release Christmas, Actually. A Heartwarming Holiday will bring you laughter, tears, and happily-ever-afters 

Book 1: Once Upon a Holiday by Anna Adams, Anna J Stewart & Melinda Curtis:  
Book 2: Holiday Heroes by Leigh Riker, Tara Randel & Cari Lynn Webb:  
Book 3: 24 North Pole Lane by Carol Ross, Amy Vastine & Cheryl Harper:  
Book 4: Magic Moments by Tara Taylor Quinn, Shirley Hailstock & Liz Flaherty:  
Book 5: Nutcracker Sweethearts by Dana Mentink, Roz Denny Fox, & Amie Denman:  

If this boxed set appeals to you, look for our previous holiday anthology: A Heartwarming Christmas. http://amzn.to/2a6JWcK  

Roz Denny Fox has been writing for Harlequin Books since 1989.  She writes for various Harlequin lines, has participated in several special projects, articles, and on-line serials for e-harlequin.com.  Roz’s books have been nominated for the Holt Medallion, the Golden Quill and Smoky Mountain Published Laurie. Her second book was an RWA RITA finalist in the traditional category. Her sixty-plus published stories are all warm, home and family love stories. Roz’s web site is: www.korynna.com/RozFox. She also interacts with readers on Facebook and via email rdfox@cox.net 


25 comments:

  1. Hi, Roz! Absolutely no worries about you "fitting in"--I can't wait to read this year's stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great-sounding collection.I can't wait to start reading them! And thanks for the coupon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Roz!! Of course you fit in! We are so thrilled to have you as part of the group. :) Can't wait to read your story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Roz's books. You can always count on her to bring your characters you can root for. This story is no different. Heartwarming characters you'll fall in love with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi all, I didn't know I was up for this blog tour today. Anna--glad you think I'm fitting in. It's really been fun and Dana and Amie were such a joy to work with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, my bad--I forgot to tell you. :-(

      Delete
  6. Roz, so excited you're a part of this set! Can't wait to read what about your Christmas Town Christmas. I love the idea of buying a travel guide. (I think I've read before that you like to do that and I think I'm going to have to start copying that idea(:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to have you with the group, Roz. The collection is awesome and spreading the stories out over all three holidays is going to be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roz: Such a good idea to start now for Christmas. I have plenty of relatives who, like me, grew up in small towns. Perfect gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your stories are wonderful, Roz, and I expect this one to be no different. I bet is was a lot of fun working with Dana and Amie. I look forward to reading the stories! Best wishes with the anthology!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Roz, I love all kinds of holiday stories. Just a great time of year to cuddle up with a book and a warm blanket. Looking forward to your stories and the others (some will be new to me, yay!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Roz, So happy to be in this anthology with you!! All of our years of writing for the same house, the same lines, the same editors and I think this is the first time we've actually been together!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Roz - I love holiday stories any time of the year. And it's such fun to join other authors in writing stories with a connected setting.

    This sounds like a great collection. Best of luck to you and everyone participating in it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. TTQ-this is very true. And we go back a long way. I do recall several times we were able to do book autographings together. The good old days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These stories sound wonderful. Can't wait to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Roz, With a name like Holly...well let's just say in addition to writing holiday books, I love reading them!! They sound wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Roz - I think holiday books are everybody's favorite read and the setting is such a winner. Your books are always about what holidays are about - families, warmth, fun. Look forward to reading you and all those other great HH writers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holly, do you have a Christmas birthday? I have a granddaughter with the middle name of Noelle because her mom was a Christmas baby.
    Thanks everyone for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a great bundle of holiday stories. I've always enjoyed reading Regency Christmas stories even though there aren't as many of them around. I'm also a huge Halloween fan, so collections of stories set during Halloween is a real plus for me as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, Roz!

    I was lucky enough to get to read your story early and thank you for that! I loved it and the fictional town in Maine. As always, you made me feel in the moment! Can't wait for this collection to be available.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Denise, I'd love to join a set of Halloween stories. Brrr!
    And Vicki, thanks so much for taking time out of your busy schedule and for giving me a quote.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So happy to have you on board, Roz, with this new set. Great post. I'll be eager to read your story! Not much longer to wait either for the whole collection in A Heartwarming Holiday. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well, I'm joining the I love holiday stories club! Looking forward to your indie debut, Roz.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great collection of holiday stories! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you all for visiting! This is a terrific anthology!

    ReplyDelete