Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Karilyn Bentley Visits the Corner With Her DEMON LORE




Welcome to the Book Corner. Today I’m happy to welcome Karilyn Bentley. Please tell us a little about your book, an urban fantasy, right?

.
Hi Barb! Thank you so much for having me! I'm excited about my new book. This is my first venture into urban fantasy and I really enjoyed getting into the head of my heroine, Gin. She's a unique character and I hope the reader likes her as much as I do. 

Here's a blurb of the story:
Gin Crawford has enough problems dealing with her empath abilities. Finding out she's the world's newest demon-slayer is the last thing she needs. Unfortunately, when she slips on a mysterious bracelet she is given no other choice. On the plus side, her new gig comes with Tall, Dark and Handsome, a mage who may or may not have her best interests at heart. Thrust into a power-play between good and evil, Gin must choose a side before she becomes the next victim in the ongoing battle.


It sounds terrific. Is this your first book? What others have you published? 

I have published several other books in the fantasy and paranormal romance genres. I wrote two werewolf novellas which were combined into one anthology, AFTER THE MOON RISES. I also have a series about dragons called Draconia Tales (MAGICAL LOVER, WARRIOR LOVER AND DRAGON LOVER).
 
What draws you to this genre?

I have always been attracted to the paranormal, no idea why. Maybe because the idea of waving a wand and having the house clean itself interests me. I've yet to find that wand, but I can create stories using magic to draw the reader into a different world, to escape the realities of this life if only for a moment.

What’s your next project? Will it be another featuring demons?

I'm glad you asked! DEMON LORE is the first in a series so I'm working on the second book now. I also have the fourth in the Draconia Tales series coming out. THE DETECTIVE'S DRAGON is in edits. It's keeping me busy!

Love that title! What one tip would you offer writers? 

Don't dawdle, write. Unless you have a puppy. Then dawdling's the name of the game.


How do your stories ‘come to you’ at first--through characters, setting, story line?  

More the story line. Then the characters. The setting comes last. Although sometimes the characters come first or in conjunction with the story line. It depends on the book.

Do you have a special place you like to write?  

I have an office. But now that we have a puppy, I'm more likely to be found at the kitchen table. It keeps puppy quiet to have all her humans in one area. We're not spoiling the dog, nope, we are not.

Aha! So you know about taking time out for puppies :) Otherwise, do you have challenges finding writing time? 

See the above-mentioned puppy. She's very demanding of my time. I also work a day job which keeps most of my hours busy.

Yes, darn it. Those day jobs do take up the time! Thanks so much for being here today. I've so enjoyed it. Please come back again.

Thank you Barb! I'd be happy to return!!

Find Karilyn Bentley at:
www.karilynbentley.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KarilynBentleyAuthor
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/karilynbentley1
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/karilynbentley
Blog: http://plottingprincesses.blogspot.com

Buy Links:
Amazon: http://amzn.com/B00PKY3CC4

TWRP: http://www.wildrosepublishing.com/maincatalog_v151/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=244_235_209&products_id=5972

B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/demon-lore-karilyn-bentley/1120908234?ean=2940150196629

13 comments:

  1. Hi Karilyn,
    So glad you visited today. DEMON LORE sounds terrific. Best of luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb! Thank you so much for letting me blog with you today! :)

      Delete
  2. Waving hello, Karilyn! All the best with your new release and puppy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary!!! I'm glad you stopped by!!

      Happy New Year!

      Delete
    2. Mary, thanks for being here. Karilyn's new book sounds intriguing!

      Delete
  3. Sounds great! And love the cover! Best wishes on your new release! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abigail!! I love the cover too! The artist did an excellent job! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Abigail. Isn't that cover super? I enjoyed seeing the girl with the swords!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview ladies! I loved this book and can't wait to read the second one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you J.C.!!! :) The second one will be done shortly. Hopefully. ha! :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, J.C. I haven't gotten to read it yet. Can't wait!

      Delete
  6. I'm late to the party again, please forgive me. Darn the day job! Without those, we writers would be so much more productive. :) Seriously, you have an impressive number of novels for such a short time. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete