Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Selena's Fulton's NEVER LET GO Time Travel Into Danger



My guest today is talented author and fellow Lalala Selena Fulton whose time travel NEVER LET GO combines contemporary and American history. It's been a hit with readers, including me. It's a terrific read. Welcome, Selena. I love Kendra and Benjamin's story.  Please tell us a little about it.

Kendra Prescott, a high-powered Atlanta real estate broker, is sent England to coax the owner to sell a beautiful cottage. Family portraits line the stairway, and Kendra finds one man, Benjamin Sheffield fascinating. Too bad he lived almost two centuries ago.


In eighteen sixty-three, Benjamin Sheffield escaped England because of a trumped up murder charge. He came to America to disappear in the vast Western frontier, but is delayed by a little thing called the War Between The States. 


When Kendra falls and loses consciousness, she wakes up in the middle of Civil War torn Georgia. She doesn’t know what happened to the cottage, but when she sees Ben, she realizes he is the key, her only chance of returning to her own time. Trouble is, now that she’s met him, she isn’t sure she wants to.

I'd love to give everyone a hint about her decision, but readers must find out for themselves.  What drew you to this story? 

I love time travels. I used to wonder what people of another time would think of our modern day items.

Absolutely. I wonder if they'd adjust to the frenetic pace we have nowadays. Can you give us a little hint about your next project.

I am working on a contemporary fairy tale series. Stay tuned!

Now that sounds terrific, Selena. We'll definitely stay tuned. Let us know as soon as the news it out! Good luck. What one tip would you offer writers?
 
Never give up! The only time you truly fail is when you stop writing. 

So true! How do your stories ‘come to you’ at first--through characters, setting, story line? 

I get stories from everywhere. Something someone says. A dream. Something in the news. The seeds that grow into novels are everywhere.

That's the definitely of being aware of your surroundings! Talk about being a good listener! Do you have a special place you like to write

I love the view from the window beside my desk. Outside is a very full bush. Birds and squirrels peek in at me from time to time.  When I get tired of sitting at my desk, I have a very comfy recliner in my room too.

Sounds wonderful. Do you have challenges finding writing time?

My most productive times are first thing in the morning, and then again in the evening. But even when I’m away from my computer, I’m constantly thinking of my story. I jot notes down wherever I can.

I do too. I've been known to grab the back of an envelope or even a sales receipt. Thanks so much for being here today, Selena. Best of luck with the new series. Be sure to come back when you have news to report. Where can readers find you on the web?
Visit me at these links:




12 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fascinating story line! I love time travel stories and can't wait to read this one. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good one, Laura. You'll enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I'm jealous of your view. Mine is of the stove. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Abigail. Mines of a wall :) Glad to see you here.

      Delete
  3. Everyone should pick a spot to write where they can see out a window. Mine overlooks the birdbath and I love watching them in the summer. Every springs a heavily pregnant robin just sits in the water. Makes me wonder if the water gives some support to her belly.
    My WIP has flashbacks to 1867 and the restoration period after the Civil War. What a challenge. I can't imagine doing a whole historical novel. Best of luck
    R.E.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think flashbacks are challenging, RE ! Much easier to do it in one place :)

      Love the story of the robin! Your view sounds just delightful. So peaceful. I need to get a birdbath for my yard.

      Delete
  4. Selena, I'm so glad you're here today. I loved your story and I'm definitely looking forward to the next--and that series! Please come back and tell us about them when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love time travels and look forward to reading this one! Tweeted as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy time travels and yours sounds wonderful, Selena! Best wishes with your series!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sound like you have a wonderful place to write. Loved the post. I tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, everyone! I'm sorry I haven't been active on here. Been in my writing cave and almost forgot to come up for air.
    Yes, I love my writing space! Looking forward to spring so I can open the window and hear the birdies again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great story. I agree, every writer should a favorite place to write.

    ReplyDelete