Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Writers Wednesday: Jodi Vaughn Debuts With Paranormal


Today I’m so happy to welcome another talented debut author Jodi Vaughn, whose book VEILED SECRETS was released Oct 1. Congratulations, Jodi. It's great that you and Jaye, who was here last week, have debuts just a few months apart. And you're friends, too. How great is that. Please tell us about your VEILED SECRETS.

Love to. Let me just give the blurb.

Fate brought them together, will destiny rip them apart?
 
Celeste Hart yearns for a normal life, but she has never fit in because of her dark visions. She vows to let nothing stop her from discovering what she is, good, bad or evil. But she is soon distracted from her quest when sexy Eric Nordstrom charms his way into her bed. He leaves her even more confused by her intense feelings for him and discovers their one night of passion has resulted in something that will change them forever, a child.

CEO Eric Nordstrom has no interest in romance and even less in a relationship. His company has always been his focus. But he can’t stop thinking about the elusive Celeste, who has made him feel more in one night than he has in his entire life. When he learns of the pregnancy, he convinces Celeste to marry him on the pretense of keeping the company from another scandal while trying to seduce her back into his arms.

Celeste struggles to fit into Eric’s elite world and soon discovers her visions are a result of having Fae blood. When the vengeful Queen of the Fairies sends a demon army to take her unborn child, Celeste must embrace her fairy heritage and enlist Eric’s help in her life and death fight.  Suspicious of a world he doesn’t understand yet determined to protect the woman he loves, Eric joins forces with Celeste to protect their unborn child from the evil that has invaded their home.
   
It sounds wonderful, Jodi. What drew you to this story?
 
I wanted to write a story about a girl who has to find her place in the world. She wants so desperately to fit in, yet it is her destiny to stand out. She has to learn to embrace it. This is such a common theme in reality. I just put a paranormal spin on it with my fairies!

Paranormal is very popular right now. Do you plan to do another? 


I am currently writing a biker Shifter series set in the South as well as finishing the second book, Veiled Enchantment for the Veiled Secrets trilogy.
 
Love the Veiled trilogy concept, but a biker Shifter series? Oh, my. That's bound to be so entertaining. I can't wait. Now would you please share one tip with other writers?

 
Never give up! Tenacity goes a long way to getting published!

So true. How do your stories ‘come to you’ at first--through characters, setting, story line?

I am a character-driven writer. I come up with my characters first. After getting my story plotted (very loosely, I might add) I let my characters tell me what they’re going to do next.

Do you have a special place you like to write?

 
I usually write at my desk. There are times when I need to change the scenery if I get stuck, so I will head out to my deck or go to Starbucks.

I know what you mean, Jodi. My go-to spot is Panera. Thanks so much for being here today. I hope you’ll come back again.

Thanks, Barbara! Thanks for having me!

Here's where to find Jodi: http://www.jodivaughn.com; https://www.facebook.com/www.jodivaughn Twitter@JodiVaughn1
Here’s the buy link
http://www.amazon.com/Veiled-Secrets-ebook/dp/B00FL8VM26/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1381146314&sr=1-2&keywords=Veiled+Secrets




18 comments:

  1. Welcome Jodi. I'm so glad you're here to talk about your first book. It's a wonderful story. Good luck with the release.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some interesting, may I say twisted (in the nicest way), plot concepts. Love the blurb and your cover rocks! I wish you all the best with your release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isnt' the cover great? And I agree about the interesting concept! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
    2. I'm glad it peaks your interest Ashantay!

      Delete
  3. Your book sounds fabulous - and love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, CJ. That butterfly is such an intriguing touch on the cover. Glad you visited.

      Delete
    2. Glad you like the cover! I knew when I saw it that I had to have it!

      Delete
  4. Hi Jodi and Barb! I'm so excited for Jodi and her debut novel. It's a fabulous story and sure to keep readers turning those pages. I've been fortunate and enjoyed a sneak-peek before the book was published and have been salivating for the whole story ever since. Call me a hawk because I watched for the release and might have been one of the first to buy. LOVE THIS STORY! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's a wonderful recommendation, Jaye. No one can argue with such a glowing review. I have my copy, I just haven't had time to read it yet. Thanks for being here today.

      Delete
  5. Best of luck to you Jodi. The book sounds well thought out and very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does reflect Jodi's devotion to plotting details, RE. I'm also looking forward to the next one in the series. Thanks for being here today.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for stopping by RE! And thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  6. This sounds as if the basic premise would be a great read. Then you go and crank it up by adding the Fae? Oh my. Must ad to my TBR pile. Creative Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela! I love all things Fae! I think I need to plan a trip to Ireland to celebrate!

      Delete
  7. What a great blurb! Your book sounds very interesting with lots of shiver-worthy scenes : - )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonya, I love your 'shiver-worthy' comment :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete