Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Writers' Wednesday-Kaye Calkins Shares Book Cover

Welcome. After a holiday sabbatical, Writers' Wednesday is back and I'm thrilled to feature the cover for an upcoming release from Kaye Calkins, a terrific CP and fellow movie enthusiast. Kaye's sweet Regency, Deverell's Dilemma, is scheduled for release in February from Avalon.

Kaye, what did you think when you opened that attachment from your editor and saw that photo?

Seeing the cover of my book for the first time was a heady and thrilling moment. My name in print took my breath away. I love the iconic landmark of Big Ben which tells you immediately you are in London. The tones of brown bring to mind romantic old photos. Best of all, they used my title and put it in a beautiful font reminiscent of the Regency period.

Thanks for sharing it with us. So glad you stopped by. Be sure to let us know when the book is released.

Thank you for inviting me, Barb. Everyone, come by my blog and read the inside of the cover.
http://writewithkaye.blogspot.com/

Take a look at this wonderful picture of London. Doesn't it just make you want to book a flight immediately?

9 comments:

  1. It is such a beautiful cover, Kaye. Congrats on your release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a few moments away from my JANO project to say what a lovely cover your book is sporting! I, too, love the fact that the Big Ben automatically puts you in London. Very, very romantic quality. Congratulations! Can't wait to get MY copy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love the cover. It's beautiful. I just thought of another big moment for you to look forward to... How about the first time you see it on a library shelf, or someone reading it. Yea!
    Diana Locke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Kaye. I know it's been a long journey. Enjoy every minute of your success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by, Allison. We're going to be looking for yours some day very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ginny, I'm in awe of anyone doing NaNoMo or JanNo. 50,000 words in a month--so beyond me. Thanks for taking a moment to drop by. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you celebrate every moment of the journey, Diana. Thanks for there--and here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wanda, hello! So glad you're here. And hope to be seeing more of you in a couple of weeks, too. Happy writing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a little late chiming in, but I just want to say that the cover is beautiful. Can't wait to get my own copy...autographed, of course! Congratulations to Kaye and Barb, I love your blog. Keep up the good work :-)

    ReplyDelete